Saturday, April 27, 2013

44th Manzanar Pilgrimage

How long do we need to fight for our own justice, our own right?
How many times need to hear sad news like 911, 311, Boston marathon and wars in the whole world today,,,,,,.

NO, I am not saying that I am not happy, I am not blessed or I am not having freedom today.

YES, I am free to be who I am today on the history that people have fought, pray for the freedom.
Never forget, never ever about that.

We are not perfect even today with modern technology.

However, instead to think about being perfect, I should appreciate what I have now.

So, I am going to Manzanar, California now for remind me how lucky I am living in this world today.

And sing my favorite song Sukiyki with people who believe that we can pass the stories about 70 years ago in the US that Japanese American's spiritual life here.

As a Japanese I didn't know the story before I came here back 1996.

So, my great mentor Sue Kunitomi Embry passed me the stories.

I am going to see my family in California from now!!

See you there and sing together for our better future.

Please learn more about history of the other side of story.
http://www.manzanarcommittee.org

Sincerely
 Ken Koshio
                                                  
                                                      My mentor Sue Kunitomi Embry

pictures from last year of Manzanar sight




No comments: